Year 3 Homework: Monday 4th October 2021
DUE: Monday 11th October 2021
- Each week we will hand out spellings on Monday; the test will take place on the following Monday.
- All children will learn the same spellings and will be tested on all of them. (Any children on SEN support, will have their own spelling lists.)
- The spellings are set into 3 different groups – Must – Should – Could.
- They will all follow the same pattern.
- All children need to learn the Must list, have a go at the Should list and challenge themselves with the Could list.
- We know that some children find learning spellings more challenging than others but that some children often require a more difficult list than is set. We hope that this way all of the children will be able to achieve and challenge themselves accordingly.
- If you would like to discuss this new system, then please do not hesitate to speak to your child’s class teacher.
Spelling Pattern:- ‘oa’ phoneme with oa, ow, o, oe, o_e and ough graphemes.
READING AT HOME:
- Please ensure you have a reading book that you enjoy reading
- Ensure you are reading daily for 10-15minutes.
- In your reading record, can you write down five different adjectives that you have found in your reading book?
- Remember to get your reading records signed so you can earn certificates!
This Friday we are celebrating World Mental Health day, to support this we have set a comprehension task based on the World Mental Health week from earlier this year. Please complete the *, ** or *** sheet. If your child has SEN then they could try the feelings activity instead.