Year 3 Homework: Monday 11th October 2021
DUE: Monday 18th October 2021
- Each week we will hand out spellings on Monday; the test will take place on the following Monday.
- All children will learn the same spellings and will be tested on all of them. (Any children on SEN support, will have their own spelling lists.)
- The spellings are set into 3 different groups – Must – Should – Could.
- They will all follow the same pattern.
- All children need to learn the Must list, have a go at the Should list and challenge themselves with the Could list.
- We know that some children find learning spellings more challenging than others but that some children often require a more difficult list than is set. We hope that this way all of the children will be able to achieve and challenge themselves accordingly.
- If you would like to discuss this new system, then please do not hesitate to speak to your child’s class teacher.
Spelling Pattern:- ‘oo’ phoneme with oo, ue, o, u, u_e and ew graphemes.
READING AT HOME:
- Please ensure you have a reading book that you enjoy reading
- Ensure you are reading daily for 10-15minutes.
- In your reading record, can you write down five different adjectives that you have found in your reading book?
- Remember to get your reading records signed so you can earn certificates!
Following Yellow Day we would like children to complete as many tasks as they can on the ‘Well-being bingo’ sheet that was sent home with them last Friday. We hope that you will enjoy the activities too.