Year 3 Homework: Monday 13th January 2021
DUE: Monday 20th January 2021
- Each week we will hand out spellings on Monday; the test will take place on the following Monday.
- All children will learn the same spellings and will be tested on all of them. (Any children on SEN support, will have their own spelling lists.)
- The spellings are set into 3 different groups – Must – Should – Could.
- They will all follow the same pattern.
- All children need to learn the Must list, have a go at the Should list and challenge themselves with the Could list.
- We know that some children find learning spellings more challenging than others but that some children often require a more difficult list than is set. We hope that this way all of the children will be able to achieve and challenge themselves accordingly.
- If you would like to discuss this new system, then please do not hesitate to speak to your child’s class teacher.
Spelling Pattern:- ‘ai’ phoneme with a_e, ay, ai, eigh, a and ey graphemes.
READING AT HOME:
- Please ensure you have a reading book that you enjoy reading
- Ensure you are reading daily for 10-15minutes.
- In your reading record, can you write down five different adjectives that you have found in your reading book?
- Remember to get your reading records signed so you can earn certificates!
Please complete the maths sheet below from your child’s maths teacher. In year 3, children are expected to read, write and represent 3 digit numbers in different ways, these sheets should consolidate this knowledge.