“Mildmay Junior School: where children develop their skills, grow into their independence, embrace challenges and have the opportunity to excel through enjoyable, engaging learning.”
We firmly support equal opportunities for pupils and staff and endeavour to keep children at the heart of every decision made in school. We have a firm commitment to quality teaching and learning and strive to achieve the highest standards in these areas. Staff, parents, pupils and governors are all part of the partnership process that makes Mildmay an effective team.
By creating a warm and caring atmosphere, we aim to make every person in school, whether adult or child, feel valued. We encourage people to listen to each other and work together to support the work of all staff both teaching and non-teaching. Home/School links are a vital key in the education of the whole child. Keeping communication open between home and school is a high priority
Our purpose is to provide a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment allowing our children to thrive and develop intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically by:
- Creating a secure and intellectually challenging environment based on a broad and balanced curriculum, enabling all children to reach their full potential.
- Providing a wide range of learning experiences, to offer equal opportunities so that all children can experience success.
- Creating a safe atmosphere which enables children to be happy and self –confident, and to see themselves as valued and successful; and to value the success of others.
- Helping children become independent, co-operative, confident and reflective learners.
- Extending the children’s moral, cultural and religious awareness, whereby attitudes of tolerance, empathy and respect are nurtured.
- Promoting positive, appropriate behaviour at all times and accept responsibility for their actions.
- Enabling children to take pride in and look after their community and beyond.
- Ensuring a secure environment in which children feel able to express themselves and have confidence to take risks in their learning.
- Supporting the children to develop the skills needed to take their place in a rapidly changing world.
Our vision is to:
- Create a learning environment which is welcoming, supportive and challenging, so that every member of our community will want to come to school and will be motivated to do their best;
- Provide stimulating opportunities that will secure a lifelong love of learning and equip children with the confidence and independence needed in the quickly changing world of the twenty-first century;
- Develop and nurture talent and aptitude of all kinds and at every level, so that each individual in the school's community feels valued and achieves success;
- Help children to become responsible citizens who contribute positively to society by ensuring that the values of honesty, integrity, tolerance, equality and friendship are at the heart of all we do.